Wednesday 29 February 2012

When it rains



I wish it would stop raining. These kind of comments usually get me into trouble. 'But what about the farmers?' people say. 'At least it's good for the garden,' they say. It's all true, of course. I'm aware that we need the rain and blah blah blah. But I am a sun worshipper. I love the feeling of waking up when the sky is all blue and a bit golden around the edges. I love it when the air feels crisp and dry.

The colours look different. Have you noticed how dark the trees look when it's raining? The ground and sky are one, an endless pool of grey. I know that a lot of creative people come from countries not known for their fine weather, which makes me wonder - do they create in spite of their surroundings or inspired by them? Is there something of beauty I can take from this wet weather? Maybe rain isn't so bad after all.

But I really wouldn't mind if we had a sunny day, or five...

(photo is from http://caseyinpictures.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/i-cant-stand-rain-against-my-window.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment