Saturday 9 March 2013

The India Adventure... part one...

India is one of those places that drives you crazy and amazes you all in the same breath. It is the quintessential travel destination - you really know you've gone somewhere when you get off the plane, or more particularly, when you start to negotiate for a taxi to leave the airport.

India gave me so much, so I'm giving you a little taste... this first post covers Mumbai, Kerala and Goa. Rishikesh and Dharamsala will be in subsequent posts.

The dynamic, complicated and fascinating history of India is everywhere you look. It is hard to describe the feeling you get when you're there, all I can say is that whatever India has been, and is today, it is most certainly itself.

I'll mostly let the photos speak for themselves, but I'm happy to take any questions!

Namaste...
Navigating the taxi queue... Mumbai

 Local tourists at the Gateway to India, Mumbai
 Taking a photo of me taking a photo... Trivandrum Zoo, Kerala
An old colonial house, now a museum, Trivandrum

...and then I went to stay at an ashram (view from the apartment block, of the Kali Temple)
 In a fitting ending to my stay at the ashram, I then starred in a 'Mollywood' film in Cochin...

 This little cafe in Cochin became our favourite haunt - tea and cake, how can you top that? At Teapot.
 Gorgeous Portuguese architecture in Fort Cochin.


Boating on the backwaters, central Kerala


A houseboat in all its decayed splendour


More gorgeous Portuguese architecture in the Goan capital of Panaji
Cows... and cricket... on the beach, Vagator, Goa


No comments:

Post a Comment